Note: my blog has moved!
Please check out the new page at www.llrnfitness.com
For this recipe specifically: http://www.llrnfitness.com/banana-bread-protein-bars.html
These high protein, low carb bars are AMAZING! I love making my own protein bars, and these ones are my favourite to date!
Bonus: they’re easy to make and store well in the freezer!
Ingredients (makes 8 bars)
- 1/2 ripe banana (mine was frozen)
- 3 scoops vanilla whey (I used Kaizen)
- 2T ground flax
- 1T coconut flour
- 1T oat flour
- 2T almond butter (I used Maranatha all natural roasted creamy)
- ~1/4 cup water
- Melt the banana in the microwave for 1 minute (this makes them super sweet and liquidy)
- Mix the remaining ingredients (except for the water) well
- Add the water slowly, mixing to desired stickyness (you want them fairly sticky, but not too runny)
- Form into bar shape, and store in the freezer!
- When you want to enjoy one, either take it out and let it sit for at least 10 mintues, or microwave for ~ 15 seconds
Macros (per bar)