Note: my blog has moved!
Please check out the new page at www.llrnfitness.com
For this recipe specifically: http://www.llrnfitness.com/homemade-veggie-burgers.html
I’ve always loved the veggie burgers that I’ve ordered from restaurants in the past, but have never tried to recreate them at home. This was my first attempt at a chickpea-based burger, and it was a success! Delicious and full of fiber and nutrients.
- 1 can chickpeas (thoroughly rinsed)
- 1.5 cup steamed cauliflower
- 1/4 large onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2T coconut flour
- 1T ground flax
- 1t Mrs. Dash
- 1/2t steak seasoning
- 1/4t salt
- 1/2t ground pepper
- 2T pumpkin seeds
- 2T sunflower seeds
- Blend chickpeas and egg together, leaving a few chunks.
- Mix remaining ingredients together, and form into 6 patties
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350
- Fry in olive oil for ~2 minutes per side before serving
I recommend serving with rutabaga fries 🙂
Macros (per patty)